[kdepim-users] imap Problem with KMail 1.10.1 ?

Michael bushveld at gmx.de
Tue Oct 14 11:14:48 BST 2008

1.10.1 ?" send  Monday 13 October 2008 (21:56):

> On Sunday 12 October 2008, Michael wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am on KDE 4.1.2 with KMail 1.10.1 under openSUSE 11.0.
> > I use a google mail account with imap,
> >
> > When I use "labels" in googlemail these are represented as folders on
> > my local machine. Google has a folder(?) "all mails" which sees the
> > be a view on all mail.. So when In now lable a mail as todo and this
> > mail is in the inbox than this mail is labled as inbox and todo.
> > When I now synchronize to my local machine than I get the mail 3
> > times! In the folder todo, in the inbox the folder all mails.
> > To stop this i have unticked the all mails folder in the list of
> > folders which should be synced. But this does not work! With this
> > next sync the content of the folder was deleted but kept at google.
> > But now after recieving mails these are again downloaded also to all
> > mails. The folder is still unticked ...
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Do you use normal IMAP or disconnected IMAP? Since you talk about
> synchronizing I assume you are using the latter.
I use the disconnected IMAP

> What do you mean by "untick"? Do you use Subscription or do you use
> Local Subscription?
"untick" = remove the mark infront of a foldername so that it is no more
marked
> There might be a problem with (un)subscription of
> top-level folders. At least, I remember fixing a corresponding bug in
> KDE 3.5. Maybe it has not been applied to KDE 4.1.
- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
The folder "Alle Nachrichten" is a subfolder of [gmail] so it does not appera
to be a top-level folder.

And after I removed to mark the files in the folder have been deleted (localy,
not on the server) This is totally ok. Just that the next incomming mail was
again also placed in the folder "alle Nachrichten"

By Michael

local Timestamp: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:50:57 +0200