[kdepim-users] KMail 1.10.1 idea: intuitive way of creating new filter rule

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Tue Oct 28 15:39:25 GMT 2008

Hi list,

I am working on different projects simultaneously, each with its pile of email
conversations. What I would like to see is that - when having started a new
email thread - each incoming answer gets automatically filtered into the
corresponding project folder. For this I would move my first email into that
folder with the effect that a filter rule for the incoming mail would be
created saying something along the line "move into the folder where the
original thread has been moved".

The present filtering rules do not allow this, as far as I know. Filter by
subject is not equivalent to filter by thread, and defining a filter simply by
dropping an email into a folder seems to be a new concept.

I have checked help and the usual addresses, except bugzilla on kde.org.
Before filing an enhancement request there I would like know whether someone
in this list does know about a similar feature in kmail, which I then must
have overlooked.

Thank you,

Guido