[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 21 10:00:40 GMT 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 06:44:21 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2008, Peter777 wrote:
> > So, at this stage, we are saying that mbox and maildir are 'equally
> > as fast' as each other ??
>
> I won't make such a claim since it will surely depend on the system,
> i.e. one might work better on a slow computer while the other might
> work better on a current laptop (i.e. fast CPU, but slower laptop hard
> disk).
>
> What I do claim is that on a not-too-slow/old computer both, mbox and
> maildir, are usable without performance penalties. Personally I prefer
> maildir because it is a bit more robust than mbox.

Okay, thanks for that. It does seem though, that using mbox, especially for
the relatively small sized email box I have (700Mb on total), and considering
that a more powerful computer will be used for KMail, that I shouldn't expect
any issues/problems with mbox format.

I was pleased to hear that you do still use it (mbox) though.  :D

Peter