[kdepim-users] Kmail not appearing in Kontact

Sun Nov 23 10:43:30 GMT 2008

Hi Ian,

Am Sonntag, 23. November 2008 schrieb Ian Bennett:
> 	Having spent a frustrating weekend trying to find a problem with
> Korganizer (making Kontact crash), I now have the situation where Kmail, my
> Contacts and Akregator don't appear within Kontact.

I've been in exactly the same situation some months ago.

> 	I have looked in kontactrc but it is not immediately obvious if there is
> anything wrong. I am wondering if it may have something to do with me
> running Kmail and Akregator separately whilst I was trying to fix
> Korganizer??

Yes it does.

> Can someone advise how Kontact determines what to put in the
> left pane please??

This is what has been working in the same situation for me some months ago:

1.) Stop all processes belonging to kmail (including kio_imap4, kio_pop3),
akkregator, korganizer, korgac and kontact)

2.) Start kontact

3.) Klick on the icons in the left pane.

Regards
Martin