[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:50:14 GMT 2008

Sorry Peter and the rest of you.  I inadvertently sent this privately to
Peter. :-(

I have also in the process landed up with it in the wrong position in the
thread. :-(

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 06:08:10 Peter777 wrote:
> Also, I have actually seen posts about KMail having problems with large
> email boxes. I don't know if that is true, but many of these folders are
> considerable size, and it is nothing for one folder to contain 4,000
> emails.

I use Kmail.  Currently my largest folder has 26207 emails in it.  The only
problem is that it is slightly slower to open or to change view than the
other folders, which contain more modest numbers of emails.  I have noticed
nothing else amiss.

Among those others I have folders with 6341 and 3673 emails in respectively.
Neither causes any problems at all.

I am using Kmail 1.9.9.

HTH
Lisi