[kdepim-users] Korganizer does not start anymore

Sun Nov 23 10:37:57 GMT 2008

Hello List,

Am Samstag, 22. November 2008 schrieb Martin Egge:
> my korganizer (on KDE 3.5.10) does not start anymore. Actually it starts
> but the GUI does not show up. I can see two processes of korganizer are
> running with ps -aux.

Actually korganizer is starting and showing its GUI. But I've to wait 6
Minutes to see the GUI.

After some googling around for this symptoms I finally found a report about a
problem with LDAP addressbooks configured in kaddressbook slowing down the
start of korganizer.

I've configured the LDAP server of my company in kaddressbook as an
addressbook. But this server is not reachable from my home network. Any time
korganizer starts up it seems to query that LDAP server and the timeout seems
to take minutes. So after diabling the LDAP addressbook in kaddressbook
korganizer works like a charm again.

Regards
Martin