[kdepim-users] Messages with unknown subject, sender and time on KMail

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed Nov 19 21:21:40 GMT 2008

Olá Ingo e a todos.

On Monday 17 November 2008 22:03:41 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> There are two possibilities:
> a) Yahoo fails to add the Authentication-Results header in the correct format.
> b) KMail corrupts the header when it receives the message.
>
> I think b is highly unlikely because we would have noticed if there was such a serious bug in
> KMail. a, OTOH, is probably not noticed by many other people because other mail clients are
> probably more forgiving when they encounter such an invalid line in the header. You should be
> able to verify whether it's Yahoo's fault by checking your mail with another mail client and then
> looking at the source with this other mail client. Just make sure you do not check those
> messages with KMail because that might corrupt them.

There is a bug on Launchpad with several users complaining of the same.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/50039
[Data Loss] KMail mysteriously changes messages to "No Subject", "Unknown" sender

I've been affected by this a few times in the past, but usually its by action of filters or other tools messing with kmail maildirs (like mutt).
With kmail 1.1x it happens a lot less, and the Rebuild Index tool is great

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net