[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Nov 20 19:44:21 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008, Peter777 wrote:
> So, at this stage, we are saying that mbox and maildir are 'equally
> as fast' as each other ??

I won't make such a claim since it will surely depend on the system,
i.e. one might work better on a slow computer while the other might
work better on a current laptop (i.e. fast CPU, but slower laptop hard
disk).

What I do claim is that on a not-too-slow/old computer both, mbox and
maildir, are usable without performance penalties. Personally I prefer
maildir because it is a bit more robust than mbox.