[kdepim-users] Distribution list not expanding

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:50:21 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 00:25:08 Sam Boyer wrote:

> I observed the problem with a newly-created distribution list.

I replied, using a newly-created distribution list, and received the
following:

This is the mail system at host xxx.lydgate.lan.

                   The mail system

<Tester at lydgate.lan> (expanded from <Tester at anne-wireless.lydgate.lan>):
    unknown user: "tester"
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 00:25:08 Sam Boyer wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2008 16:19:13 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Monday 10 November 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I have a distribution list called kommunity.  On this new install I
> > > used it to send a message, but instead of expanding to the four names
> > > in the group, it expanded to  kommunity at anne-wireless.lydgate.lan
> >
> > This means KMail could not expand the distribution list and therefore
> > treated it as local email address appending the hostname
> > anne-wireless.lydgate.lan.
> >
> > > What could have caused this, and what should I do about it?
> > >
> > > The Addressbook in Kontact does show the group, and correctly lists
> > > the members.
>
> Just chiming in to confirm that I have observed the _exact_ same behavior
> Anne described, I gave up trying, so I've never actually seen the
> distribution lists working.

They did work, prior to this new installation (Mandriva 2009, KMail 1.10.1,
KAddressBook 4.1)

> > Hmm. Is this a new distribution list or an old one? Can you reproduce
> > this with a newly created distribution list?
>
> I observed the problem with a newly-created distribution list.

Well, if this message arrives on the list addressed to the list and two
addresses for me, we'll know that a new distlist is working.

Anne
*****

so no, it didn't work.

Anne