[kdepim-users] KMail - Can the mail folders be moved ?

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 14 11:56:39 GMT 2008

Using Ubuntu 8.04 and KMail 1.9.10

After trialling Evolution, Claws, Thunderbird and a few others, as suitable
replacements for Pegasus Mail (currently using it under WINE in Ubuntu), have
found that KMail will suit my needs. In fact the filing structure, being
somewhat similar to Pegasus, was a factor in using it, as I need to
convert/import many Pegasus email boxes and folders, etc.

I noticed the folder where KMail stores all the mail is somewhat obscure,
well, what I mean is, I'd prefer it in /home/username/Mail , and I'm sure I
saw something there in the KMail docs, about the folders possibly residing
there.

Claws took up that folder ( /home/username/Mail ) , but have since uninstalled
Claws, and removed all the folders and files underneath that structure.

Therefore, to the question, can the KMail mail folders (in their entirity) be
moved to  /home/username/Mail folder  ??

Peter