[kdepim-users] Gmail contacts

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:22:12 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 22:57:32 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> This was only for using GMail's IMAP folders as storage for my contacts
> (in the Kolab format), so that I could easily use the same contacts
> from different machines and locations. This was not about accessing the
> contacts stored in GMail itself which is what you seem to want to do.
I don't think this can be done at the moment but there is a XML-based REST API
for accessing this, similar to the the one for Google Calendar (not
implemented) and Blogger (implemented).

The only problem is that, from what I can tell, it doesn't allow a way to
differentiate between "suggested contacts" and "actual contacts".

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur