[kdepim-users] PDAs / Mobile sync with Kontact

Marcel Scheffler spielberg at freakmail.de
Fri May 16 14:55:34 BST 2008

Dear List.

On Fri, 16 May 2008 07:03:27 -0400
"E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 16 May 2008 03:45:03 am Shrikant Navelkar wrote:
> > After using O2 (Windows mobile) and struggling nearly for 1 year to
> > sync with linux, I would like to buy a PDA / mobile which can sync
> > with Kontact easily.
>
> Nothing is easy :).

I agree in this case.

> > Can somebody tell me few names ?
>
> I have an HP IPAQ 2435 (I am not sure about the model number). I was
> able to make it sync with Mandriva linux 2008 Spring edition using
> kitchensync and kdepim. It wasn't easy, but it worked. I do not
> recommend it though, because I didn't like Windows mobile at all. If I
> had a chance, I would like to go back to PalmOS; faster, simpler, more
> open source resources, etc.

I am using Kontact and sync my Palm Treo 650 with Kpilot since about 2
years now. Had first some difficulties with connection, than I had
difficulties with synces contacts, now I have little difficulties with
syncing memos. But all together I am happy with this combo and do not
know what else will work this "good". Although Palms are not state of the
art hardware if you like wireless network and multimedia stuff on your
PDA, but it is still a very good PDA.

Cheers
Marcel