[kdepim-users] Is breaking "in-reply-to" possible?

Paul Millar paul at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed May 21 19:10:18 BST 2008

Hi Ingo,

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 22:57:09 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 09 May 2008, Paul Millar wrote:
> > A question: is it possible to break the in-reply-to header?
> > [...]
> > Is this possible with KMail?
>
> Sure. Anything is possible with KMail. :-)
>
> You can do this as follows:
> 0.) Create a filter for removing the In-Reply-To and the References
> headers:
>     - Leave the Filter Criteria empty.
>     - Add two Remove Header filter actions for removing the two headers.
>     - Disable all Apply ... checkboxes.
>     - Enable the "Add this filter to the Apply Filter menu" option.
>     - Optionally assign a keyboard shortcut to this filter.
> 1.) Reply normally to the message and then select "Send later".
> 2.) Go to the outbox.
> 3.) Select the message and apply the above filter.
> 4.) Send the queued message.

Thanks!  Very impressive (in a special kinda way ;-)

> I don't think there's a more easy way to do this in KMail.

Using a filter is OK for me, and it's nice to know this sort of thing *can* be
done using a filter.

Longer term, adding support for this might be a nice feature (a low priority),
but I'm not sure how the UI should work: a toggle menu-item under Options
menu?

> BTW, the above filter is of course also useful for removing received
> messages from threads they do not belong to.

That, too, will be useful! (there's one isn't there?)

Cheers,

Paul.