[kdepim-users] KMail and IMAP notifications

Krzysztof Sobolewski jezuch at interia.pl
Wed May 14 20:01:19 BST 2008

Hi all!
I'm almost ready to switch to KMail, but I have one gripe left to resolve
(apart from maybe the most painful GPG/MIME setup ever imaginable).

I set up an IMAP accound and I expect that it will send me a notification
about new items in an INBOX, just the way it happens in my current client.
But that doesn't work in KMail - I need to open the folder to see the new
message(s). I tried to find a setting to enable this, but found nothing.

So, is this somewhere I can't find or is this a genuine missing feature? I
can live with polling for new messages, but that's... let's say it's very
inferior ;)

Thanks!
--
KS
"To an engineer, everyone looks like a chimp" - Dilbert