[kdepim-users] pgp not working

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Sat May 24 13:47:53 BST 2008

Hi Paul,

Paul Cartwright a écrit :
> On Fri May 23 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> Maybe it's called gnupg2 on Debian.
>
> well, I found that you can change the path for gpg 1.4.9 using
> the ./configure --prefix=PATH. so I recompiled it with /usr/bin instead of
> the default /usr/local/bin. SO, gnupg installs by default to /usr/local/bin,
> per the INSTALL file:
>
> Installation Names
> ==================
>
> By default, `make install' will install the package's files in
> `/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/man', etc.  You can specify an
> installation prefix other than `/usr/local' by giving `configure' the
> option `--prefix=PREFIX'.
>

> yet, kmail was looking specifically for /usr/bin/gpg.

Didn't have time until now but I just ckecked up and on lenny the
'gnupg' pakage installs precisely /usr/bin/gpg. I noticed in your first
post in this thread that you mentionned /usr/local/bin/pgp (note : pgp,
not gpg). Debian packages won't install anything in /usr/local/bin .

I am much inclined to think that you may have installed manually some
version of the non-free pgp (not gpg !) and that is what may have
scramble your system (or kmail at least). Have you tried uninstalling
your manually installed packages related to pgp/gpg, install the debian
gnupg and have a try at what kmail sort out of this ?

Regards,

phep