[kdepim-users] akregator database corrupted

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at challenge.dk
Tue May 20 07:56:49 BST 2008

Hi there

I have about 40 sources in my akregator. However, at some point, the
underlying database must have been corrupted. Several sources does not work
correctly, and contain articles that are clearly not part of that source, but
rather another of my sources. This is both historically and on updates (new
articles from source a appears (wrongly) in source b).

Is there a way to salvage my sources and its articles (a magic fix would be
great) or at least clean out the db, such that future updates to sources
works as expected?

I reckon I can get the last by exporting all my sources, (somehow) delete the
existing database, and import all my sources. The somehow is an unknown to
me, and I would prefer to actually salvage the articles, if possible (I have
unlimited archives on several sources in order to retain the history).

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Mads

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at challenge.dk
'Open Systems' means no fences. And no fences means no use for Gates.
                                                       - Sun Microsystems