[kdepim-users] Scrambled text when replying to a mail with an attachment...

r bartlett techwritebos at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 13:54:36 BST 2008

Okay, Ingo, I have determined that for some reason when I send a regular email (without an attachment) it sends in iso-2022-jp charset, which is readable.  If I reply to an email which has an attachment, it goes out in utf-8, which appears as garbage at the other end.

Can I force the encoding for this particular reply?  Currently my work around is to remember to reply only to emails without attachments.  But I forget half the time and have to resend the message.  If I could ensure that all my emails to this particular person go out as iso-2022-jp then I think the problem will be solved.

Thanks for any help or input.