[kdepim-users] disconnect imap, inbox in double

François Rousseau francois.rousseau.tech at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:38:29 BST 2008

Hi,

I have try to move every email from ""Courrier indésirable" to a new
folder call "a" just to be between "Inbox" and "Courrier indésirable".

I'm able to copy all my email to "a" but not to remove them from
"Courrier indésirable".

I have then try to delete the folder "Courrier indésirable" and I got
to following error:

----------------------
Could not delete resource - Kontact

Error while removing a folder

Could Not Delete Resource

An attempt to delete the specified resource
imap://my_user%40my_domain@my_mail_server:143/INBOX/ failed.

Details of the request:

-Date and time; Wednesday 21 May 2008 14:28
-Additional information:
   imap://my_user%40my_domain@my_mail_server:143/INBOX/

Possible causes:
-Your access permissions may be inadequate to perform the requested
operation on this resource.
-The specified resource may not exist.

Possible solutions:
-check your access permissions on this resource.
-Ensure that the resource exists, and try again.

After this, the folder "Courrier indésirable" was gone, but when I
close my kmail and reopen, the folder is there again!

In fact, "Courrier indésirable" look to be an alias or shortcut to "Inbox".

Thanks,
François