[kdepim-users] pgp not working

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat May 24 12:30:50 BST 2008

On Fri May 23 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Have you got pinentry-qt?

well, I found that you can change the path for gpg 1.4.9 using
the ./configure --prefix=PATH. so I recompiled it with /usr/bin instead of
the default /usr/local/bin. SO, gnupg installs by default to /usr/local/bin,
per the INSTALL file:

Installation Names

By default, `make install' will install the package's files in
`/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/man', etc.  You can specify an
installation prefix other than `/usr/local' by giving `configure' the
option `--prefix=PREFIX'.

yet, kmail was looking specifically for /usr/bin/gpg.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800