[kdepim-users] IMAP resources - can't set up

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 14:35:07 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 04:10:15 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> Were the folders under the local Inbox, or under the new dimap account?
>  And where were the shared resources stored?  I presume I have to copy my
> diary and addressbook to that place.

The folders (Contacts, Calender, Notes, etc.) are all under new dimap account.
I had my contacts under a local directory storage format. First I enabled the
extension toolbar which shows your resources (addressbooks) and selected
*both* local and dimap addressbook. Then I selected all of my contacts and
hit the "store the contact" button. You can do it from Edit>Store as well. I
am not using English locale so my reverse translation of menu/button names
may not be accurate by the way. Kontact then opens a dialog asking where to
store the selected contacts. I chose dimap, since they were already in my
local host before. My 417 contacts lasted about3-5 seconds to be transferred
to the dimap account. This process deletes the contacts from your localhost
though. Therefore,  you may want to copy them to another place before you do
the transfer, for backup purposes.

I did not attempt to do this for calender, notes, journal, tasks, etc.
Therefore, I don't know how to do it. If you figure out and let me know, that
would be great.

Thanks,

Hakan