[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Mar 22 16:27:29 GMT 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 22 March 2008 13:18:41 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 March 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I've come to a dead end in getting imap resources to work.  The
> > > more I think about it, the less I'm convinced that I understand
> > > what's happening.  Where exactly does the server copy of the
> > > calendar and addressbook live?
> >
> > They live in special folders on the mail server.
>
> The ones that were created under the kmail groupware account?

Yes.

> Do I need to import my calendar into that one to give it a start?

Sure. The local calendar is not automatically converted to an IMAP
calendar.

> > > Then I have heard that some people have it partially working, but
> > > that they don't see the whole calendar, for instance, just the
> > > changes since they set up imap resources.  Is this what is
> > > supposed to happen?
> >
> > To update the local copy and to push local changes to the server
> > you have to sync with the server (i.e. you have to check the
> > account for new mail).
>
> This does not appear to do anything at all.  Nothing appears in the
> calendar or the addressbook.

I suppose the calendar and the address book are still empty. (?)

Did you already try running kolabwizard as Martin suggests? Maybe the
wizard does a few things one cannot do via the normal configuration
dialog. At least that would explain why it seems to be very difficult
(or impossible?) to setup the groupware functionality manually.