[kdepim-users] Fwd: Re: korgac reminders not working at all

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:08:32 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 06:26:32 am you wrote:
> I tried setting a reminder that way, and mine hasn't worked either.  I use
> the ToDo section only as a long-term reminder of things that need doing
> annually (These I see, when appropriate, at startup, since Summary is my
> start-up page).  That started long long ago because the ToDo section wasn't
> meeting my needs for short-term reminders.  Since then I have set to-do
> tasks in my organizer, with multiple alarms if necessary.  These work
> perfectly.

> I'm using Mandriva's version of KDE 3.5.9 and kontact 1.2.9.  This may
> indeed be a bug.  I've searched the buglist, but there doesn't look to be
> an open bug recently filed about this subject.  OTOH, if you can accept a
> work-around it may not be worth reporting, as developer time is mostly
> going on getting akonadi to work, at which point these problems should
> disappear.

one should be filed regardless (as long as it is a bug). kde 3 is supposed to
be maintained for a while. I can accept it if it's too much work to backport
(like a super critical kmail bug was), as long as it's fixed going forward.
however, any workaround would be nice as even if they were prompt at patching
it wouldn't propagate to me as fast as I'd like it to.

> If you do decide to make a bug report, please post its number on this list,
> so that others can vote for it and, hopefully, help track it down.
don't forget to cc the list yourself. ;)

--
Caleb Cushing

PGP keys available on key server
wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

Due to low Internet availability I may not check
my email more than once a week, and thus cannot
guarantee a response time.