[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:34:14 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 12:50, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have tried deleting the dimap accounts on both and re-creating them.
>  I've tried removing them altogether.

What I hadn't remembered is to go to the Contacts and Calendar pages and
remove the resources from there.  They were still trying to connect.

>  The problem persists.  I'm even
> getting the "The connection to the server Borg2 IMAP Account was
> unexpectedly closed" messages on the server after I have closed the
> client's kmail and removed the dimap account.

I'm not sure what happened - dovecot was reported as running - but something
had definitely gone wrong there.  Restarting dovecot didn't help.
Re-starting the session didn't help.  Re-booting has the client box able to
read the mail again.  Phew!! :-)

Anne