[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Mar 23 00:35:59 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008, Roland Reuß wrote:
> > Heidelberg, Sonntag, 23. März 2008, 00:01
> >
> > Well, I’m not he, but
> >
> > | Where are umlauts displayed as two rectangles? In the address
> > | book? In the calendar?
> >
> > only in the addressbook.
> >
> > The issue is documented quite well, for example:
> >
> > <http://groups.google.com/group/de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde/browse_thr
> >ea d/thread/2671552fcab3b119>
> >
> > The only solution seems to be a patch, but I resist to compile the
> > whole suite by hand. Considering the fact that the whole mess is
> > known since January (!) and since then we had about four or five
> > updates without fixing the bug, I’m desperate.
>
> Is there a bug report (on bugs.kde.org) for this problem? Posting
> fixes to some newsgroup does not magically inform us about bugs or
> fixes. bugs.kde.org is the only forum we are watching.

Apparently there is a bug report and Martin even sent his patch to the
KDE-PIM developer mailing list. After a short discussion Tobias told
Martin to commit the patch. And so Martin committed his patch (on
January 6). So if your problem is still not fixed then it must be
caused by another problem for which there does not yet exist a fix.