[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:30:57 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 19:18:05 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Sunday, 23. March 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > Hm, I will do some tests with a clean user.
> >
> > Curses!  Something (I presume when I was checking settings) had
> > turned off the IMAP functionality again.  I've just turned it back
> > on, and now I have the Contents as you showed it.
>
> Johey, this is realy great.
>
> I have done some further investigations on this with a new user. If
> the cached imap account is new and the groupware functionality is
> enabled, I can not change the folder content. All folders are normal
> mail folders. (Folders are there from previous tests)
>
> If I switch to Kolab XML the folders are automatically marked as they
> should (as in my previous mail).
>
> Switching back to iCal/vCard all remains as set with xml stuff. So I
> assume during my tests with groupware I have tried Kolab XML and thus
> I had the folder content settings.

Is this on a client box, Martin?  If so, I'll try that in the morning.   I'm
not sure that I understand here.  Does the groupware imap functionality have
to be started up on the client box?  That wants to create a new set of
folders, and checking the mail on the dimap account created one set.

I'm back in the house, on my laptop now.  I'm doing the learning on a box
that's close to the server.  Once I have it working I'll get it onto this
laptop as well.

Anne