[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 23 15:45:25 GMT 2008

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008 15:19:22 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > So Anne, I tested the dovecot server and it is working like my
> > cyrus server. I can add a folder for contacts and can store new
> > contacts in it (with a different user). No problem at all. These
> > contacts are written (proved it with thunderbird). As I sayd
> > before, I don't think tihs is a dovecot issue.
>
> What about that bit in the docs
> (http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/kdebase/userguide/kontact-imap-cyrus.h
>tml) that talks about setting up a cyrus user called 'groupware'.
> What is the equivalent in dovecot?
>
> I'm sure there is something here that I'm completely
> misunderstanding.

I think I can agree with you. The seperate mail account is needed, If
you will store the contacts in a separate mailbox. You can use the
same mailbox as your normal one (I used the contacts in my normal
imap account - one online for the mails and one cached for the
resources). The seperate mailbos is not needed.

Do you have the type of your resource-folder set correctly (within
folder properties)?

> Anne

Martin