[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:19:32 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 09:33, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Monday, 24. March 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Sunday 23 March 2008 19:50, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > Hmm, did you check mail to fetch the existing groupware folders
> > > before you enabled the groupware functionality?
> >
> > I guess I did.  I now have the correct folders under dimap.inbox,
> > and they all have the correct icons and properties.  Sadly,
> > fetching the mail updates the inbox but does not fetch the calendar
> > nor the addressbook.
> >
> > Attached is the relevant part of mail.info.  0.40 is the dimap
> > server, 0.70 is the client box.
>
> Are you shure the contact and calendar data are stored in the imap
> server? Can you look into the dovecot server files or with a
> different imap client?

Thunderbird doesn't seem to have a dimap type, and that's the only other
client I have installed at the moment.  However, under
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/dimap/.877071412.directory/.INBOX.directory/ I can
see the resource folders.  The calendar folder has 751 entries in cur.  The
contacts folder has 217 entries in cur.  The contact entries look like email
messages, each containing a vcard.  The calendar entries look similar.  I
would have said that they are OK, but they seem to be not checked by the
client box.  The relevant subscriptions are all checked.  Any ideas?

Aside - as long as I have the client open with a non-working dimap connection
I get multiple copies of message in my inbox.  Closing kmail on the client
box stops this happening.  Hopefully, once we have found the fault this
problem will disappear.

Anne