[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook

Roland Reuß Roland.Reuss at textkritik.de
Sun Mar 23 08:21:12 GMT 2008

Heidelberg, Sonntag, 23. März 2008, 09:13

Anne,

> I understand that entries made since the change to utf-8 are no
> problem.  It appears to be an incompatibility between the entries
> in an older character set and the current utf-8 setting.

I don’t think that this is a correct analysis.

My system itself is running on utf-8 since SuSE decided to have this
as default (all in all more than two or three years). So the
problem is not the change to utf-8 but the versions of kaddressbook
and kdelibs since January, which are, at least in relation to the
IMAP branch, not able to handle utf-8 how they should.

All the other KDE programs (incl. the Calendar and KMail) are
running normally, so why should I change something in the
preferences? I repeat: All input before the January versions of
kaddressbook (and probably kdelibs) were made on a system with
utf-8 as default codepage. No problem then.

All the best,
Roland

--
TOFU, oder: die Tücken der e-mail