[kdepim-users] Question mark

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Mar 26 11:29:34 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 18:57, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Arnaud Mombrial | faberNovel wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > All of my new incoming email are marked with Double Blue Question
> > Mark.
> >
> > Those question mark are removed when I visualize those emails.
> >
> > Can someone tell me what is it related to ?
>
> Those question marks indicate that the signature (as in electronic
> signature) and encryption status of the messages has not yet been
> determined. As soon as you read a message the status is updated and the
> question mark icons disappear or are replaced by proper icons showing
> the signature and/or encryption status. In particular, for my messages
> the signature status "partially signed" will appear.
>
> The question marks are disabled by default because most people don't
> care for signature and encryption status.

You are right about this not being terribly relevant in a lot of cases.  In
the message view area of my screen for your post I'm seeing a big yellow bar
across the top of the message,  the color scheme not being as obnoxious as it
was in prior versions,  I still don't find this information overly useful
most of the time.  Is there a way to inhibit displaying this stuff
altogether?

> I assume that you have
> enabled them by accident. You can find the corresponding setting in the
> configuration dialog under Appearance->Message List (if you are using
> Kontact than look under the Mail settings). It is called "Show crypto
> icons".
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

-