[kdepim-users] Question mark

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Mar 25 22:57:00 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Arnaud Mombrial | faberNovel wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> All of my new incoming email are marked with Double Blue Question
> Mark.
>
> Those question mark are removed when I visualize those emails.
>
> Can someone tell me what is it related to ?

Those question marks indicate that the signature (as in electronic
signature) and encryption status of the messages has not yet been
determined. As soon as you read a message the status is updated and the
question mark icons disappear or are replaced by proper icons showing
the signature and/or encryption status. In particular, for my messages
the signature status "partially signed" will appear.

The question marks are disabled by default because most people don't
care for signature and encryption status. I assume that you have
enabled them by accident. You can find the corresponding setting in the
configuration dialog under Appearance->Message List (if you are using
Kontact than look under the Mail settings). It is called "Show crypto
icons".