[kdepim-users] Reading Palm Files on Linux eee pc

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Sat Mar 29 05:10:35 GMT 2008

What are these files? Where did they come from? You should have
AddressDB.pdb, DatebookDB.pdb, TodoDB.pdb, and MemoDB.pdb, iirc. KPilot
isn't really set up for doing ad-hoc Palm database browsing.

I'd recommend using pilot-file (comes with the pilot-link package). There's
a bunch of command line arguments that can show you the data in those files
in a variety of interesting ways. =:)

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Philip Hutchison <phutchison at iname.com>
wrote:

> I have copied my Palm files, address.dat, datebook.dat, etc. to a usb
> drive and simply want to be able to view them with my eee pc running
> linux. Can KPilot,or another linux app be used to simply open these
> files without actually having to connect and the sync the palm?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply,
> phillipo

-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper // http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer // http://www.kde.org ]-
-[ bash fun -> :(){ :|:&};: // Numbers 6:22-26 ]-