[kdepim-users] Syncing Kontact with Motorola A1200

Pastor JW jolson at gohighspeed.com
Tue Mar 25 02:46:48 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 15:20, Franco Pellegrini wrote:
> Hello list, my name is Franco Pellegrini, i'm from Cordoba, Argentina,
> (so forgive my english) and this is my first mail to the list.
>
> I recently bought an A1200, and, as i expected, the software included
> runs only on Microsoft Windows. So i started to look for software to
> keep my personal information syncronized between kontact and my cell,
> i found practically none.

Oh I am envious, you found a real computer instead of one of those wimpy Intel
based boxes!!

> I found a solution using J2MESync and multisync, but that only works
> for Bluetooth, and i'm using an USB cable, so i found Opensync, and
> kitchensync...

I thought kitchensync was for the Video Toaster.

> i tried adding groups and members, but i couldn't manage to do
> anything, my first try was with KDE PIM and Google Calendar... that
> returned me a "broken pipe" from the KDE member (apparently google
> calendar worked)
> but that's not an issue, because i'm using GCALDaemon to keep my
> kontact syncronized with google calendar.

Now then, since you have KDE installed I'd assume that you have some version
of perhaps NetBSD or something like it installed?   What are you using?  I
think that info might be needed.  Also what is the version of KDE installed.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org