[kdepim-users] Kmail Plugins?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:16:43 GMT 2008

On 13/03/2008, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> To increase the chance of getting the info you want, Dotan, what exactly is it
>  that you want to do?

I have literally hundreds of different email addresses, one for each
contact (very effective anti-spam measure). Thunderbird with the
Virtual Identity extension automatically selects the proper From
address in emails sent to specific contacts. As most emails are simple
one-liners, but I do tens of them a day, having my email client
automatically fill in the From address saves me over an hour a day (I
do the mails in two hours instead of three, on average).

There's more to it. When I reply to a contact the first time, Virtual
Identity makes the From address the To address of the originating
email. It then saves my From address against the contact, so in the
future when I compose a new email and address it to a contact, Virtual
Identity fills in the From address that I last used when writing to
that contact.

Note that I cannot predefine all my email addresses beforehand. For
one thing, there are hundreds of them. For another, every day I am
sent mail from people that I have never conversed with before. I run
gibberish.co.il, an Israeli website that translates wrongly-encoded
Hebrew text to UTF-8. I get tens of mails a day from people asking for
help.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il