[kdepim-users] kolab settings

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 12 21:40:50 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> I have one more question about the changes that happened after
> enabling kolab server settings. Whenever I login to KDE, kmail now
> automatically starts, which I don't like. This happened after
> enabling kolab server with groupware wizard. What is the appropriate
> way to stop kmail launching everytime I login to kde?

I suppose KMail is started because the KOrganizer reminder daemon is
started on KDE startup. Or maybe it's Kopete (which tries to access the
address book which in turn starts KMail for enabling access to the
Kolab address book). In short, any application which tries to access
your calendar or your address book will trigger a start of KMail. This
is one of many things Akonadi will eventually fix.