[kdepim-users] Dialling from Kaddressbook

Pastor JW jolson at gohighspeed.com
Sun Jun 29 20:45:50 BST 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 12:21:40 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
> At 19:27:44 on Sunday Sunday 29 June 2008, Robin Atwood <robin at binro.org>
>
> wrote:
> > To be frank, I don't think there is a lot of demand for dialling from
> > desk-phones anymore, everyone uses their mobile!
>
> Everybody? I don't have one, because 1) I don't make any calls that can't
> wait until I get to a landline phone, and 2) when in office, I can't see
> paying the higher tariff for cellular time. There are other reasons.

The main reason I don't have one is that I play DiskGolf and the fellows I
play with are interupted every other throw it seems.  I really ought to find
a better class of people to play with!  The second reason is there are times
I need to get away and think.  It is MY time.  The third reason is that it
just plain looks tacky and is rude to be answering your phone in public.  I
don't wish to be thought of that way by strangers.  I too have many other
reasons why I don't  own a cell phone.  Besides, Skype is on my laptop if I
wish to make a call!  :)  :)

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org