[kdepim-users] pine-like remote addressbook

Daniel Barna daniel.barna at cern.ch
Thu Jun 26 09:57:15 BST 2008

Hi,
I have been always using pine as my email client. The reason for not switching
over to better-looking email clients such as thunderbird
or kmail was that pine offered the possibility to store an addressbook within
the mail folders, on the remote mail server. So it didn't
matter, from which client machine I was accessing my email, I had always
access to the central addressbook.
Is it also possible in kmail? Or is it planned? I would be most happy if the
same format that pine uses (addressbook stored in the form
of an email) would also be supported, because in this case I could share the
addressbook between kmail (used from my notebook), and pine
(when my notebook is not there, so I ssh to the mailserver, and fire up pine)
Thanks
Daniel