[kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?

Jan Neuhäußer j.neuhaeusser at freenet.de
Mon Jun 23 21:38:11 BST 2008

Am Montag, 23. Juni 2008 schrieb Pablo Sanchez:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm looking for a way to send an attachment via the CLI.  Basically
> what I'd like to do is emulate `konqueror's `send file'
> functionality.
>
> What `send file' does is:
>
> o Open a Composer window
> o Set the `Subject:' to the file name
> o and attaches the file
>
> I'm not looking to send the file automagically.  I'm just getting lazy
> about typing `konqueror .'  :)
>
> Cheers,

Hi Pablo,

I do something similar: I use a regular file containing a list of
email-addresses and create an email with all the addresses as receipients.

In your case the following would nearly do:

First you need a script with the following statement:

kmail -s $1 --attach $1

Let's call the script send_file.

Then you need an entry in the context menue for ALL files, calling:

send_file %U

Cheers,

Jan

P. S.: maybe you need to code --attach "$1"