[kdepim-users] Learn as Spam

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:01:00 BST 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 13:43:00 Roman Odaisky wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Wednesday, 18.06.2008 14:50:15 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > So, how do I create a filter that copies a message to a certain folder
> > > and then deletes it (but with possibility of undeleting)?
> >
> > I'm not sure if I understand you, but if you are filtering through
> > spamassassin at server level you need to move to the appropriate folder
> > at server level.
>
> Yes, that’s what I’m doing. I’m using IMAP, so all the folders are on the
> server. The question is, how do I delete a message after copying it to the
> appropriate folder? It disappears from the folder list, only to reappear a
> second later (that (visual) effect happens regardless of whether any filter
> actions involve moving messages out of the folder).
>
> I want the junk message to be removed from the current folder, and to be
> placed in the Spam folder (so I’ll be able to examine and/or restore it
> should I want to) and also to be placed in the spam learning folder. How
> can that be achieved in KMail?

Generally speaking, the filters in kmail are designed to be used against local
folders only.  What you could probably do is have your spam-learning folder
as a local folder, then set up a filter to copy messages with the SA header
into that folder, at the same time, sending the original to the IMAP Trash
folder.  Make sure that you have set your Trash folder to hold messages for
long enough.

HTH

Anne