[kdepim-users] Mbox corruption

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:17:28 BST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008 07:13:31 vasco wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've a big (too big) problem with Kmail 1.9.6 (enterprise 20070904.708012)
> on opensuse ..my sent-mail mbox don't show but only
> "no subjet" "no sender" .. .
> i've lost all my mail :-(
>
> i'think it wold be the 44558 bug .. but i don't now how to recovery my
> mail.. converti in mail dir?
>
> thank' s a lot

This is a symptom of corrupted index files.  When you meet this you must
immediately close kmail, without touching any other message, and delete the
index files for the folder affected.  They will be recreated when you restart
kmail.

If you have tried to open many message you may well have damaged the whole
mbox file, in which case you may not be able to retrieve the contents.  Try
navigating to the mailbox and if the file exists you may be able to read it
in a text editor.  If you can, it may be possible to retrieve something.

Anne