[kdepim-users] Re2: KMail: Meaning of red folder names&sizes?

Martin Bernreuther MartinBern at web.de
Wed Jun 18 23:30:06 BST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2008 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > The folders do not contain new messages and the
> > quota is not reached yet...
>
> But maybe it is almost reached. Looking at the code I found that folders
> are painted with a different color when they are close to quota. Are
> you close to quota? Or is this a false alert?

It's 453 of 512 MB (88%) for this account, which is somehow close.
I already thought about this possibiliy, but was not sure since
IMHO this is a property of the whole account and not of a folder.
I'm certainly not for the first time close to quota, but didn't notice
this behaviour before. But this might be a quite new feature
(which is definitely useful!)

Recently this IMAP server had problems with a
corrupted file system and I had big problems
(loss of emails, corrupted Message-IDs,...).
For this reason, I started writing a shell script
to diff .kde/share/apps/kmail/ trees
(email categories: same - processed (moved, changes in header data)
- changed (different content, new, deleted))
to determine which emails I might save from backups
(since it's cachedIMAP)  and after I finished, I got this red folders...
So I was also anxious about red indicating remaining
internal errors in the actual email data.
The quota is certainly easier to handle :-)

Thank you for your efforts and the fast and informative reply!

Regards and good night from Germany,
	Martin
Martin Bernreuther	MartinBern at web.de