[kdepim-users] HTML editing in KMail's Composer?

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Jun 24 16:58:49 BST 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 11:46:35 am Kishore wrote:
> > > Above is a table that i created in oowrited and pasted it in here. Hope
> > > it come through as i see it in here. By the way this is from kdepim4.
> > > Although i see no option to create something similar, i could paste it
> > > here!
> >
> > Doesn't work in kmail 1.9.9.
>
> I forwarded my above mail as an attachment to my main mail id for which i
> use kmail 1.9.9. It showed up as a table in there. I went over to gmail
> (web access) and there too i can see the table. In Gmane, there is just the
> text without the table. I don't know whose fault it is that it does not
> show consistently!

You misunderstood my comment.  Sure it displays fine in 1.9.9.  The problem is
that I can't create a table in 1.9.9 using your steps.

I haven't had much trouble with recent kmail versions viewing heavily
formatted html.  The problem is composing html mail with anything other than
bold/italic/colored fonts.  No tables, not inline images.