[kdepim-users] korganizer & kaddress inconsistencies

Wm Jas uncle_goosehead at canoemail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:57:41 BST 2008

I have no problem with synching, this issues are how data is handled.

1. If I set an appointment in the palm, say for 4 p.m. and then change it to 5
p.m. in Korganizer on the PC, it will jump to 5 a.m.  Happens everytime that
korganizer will set appts to a.m. instead of p.m.

Workaround: set appt times & change them only on the palm (tungsten C)

2. If I set a fax number on the palm "fax" in the "address book" on the palm,
it never comes up as a fax number when using kfax and address book on the
computer (never ever).  I have selected every palm field, the kaddress fields
don't match the ones on the palm for fax.  Palm has 'fax', kaddress has
'work fax' and 'home fax'.

Workaround: manually enter fax numbers before sending a fax from computer.

3. Printer is never set up in Korganizer.  I have to reset up in every
computer session: this is to set up printer and print options, e.g., print
without color, include all events.

Workaround: set up printer everytime before printing a day's calender of
appointments.

None of these are deal breakers, but a little odd I think.  I formerly used
jpilot, and this is better and prettier, but does miss a bit.   I'm on my
second Tungsten C, b/c I dropped the first one into a tub water (which I do
not recommend to anyone, it worked but was never quite the same), and was
able to get an identical slightly used replacement one for $30 (5% of when
these things came out - good deal!).  If anyone knows anything about any of
these problems, I'd eternally grateful for any tips or testimonials.

Thanks! -William Jas