[kdepim-users] Kmail and Right-to-Left languages

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Jun 27 13:42:10 BST 2008

-----snip-----
> Thanks, Anne. We solved the problem off-list. For the archives, Kmail
> was sending ISO-8859-8i mail as ISO-8859-8 (note the lack of "i").
> Switching to UTF-8 solved this problem, and as a bonus will ensure
> compatibility with non-ISO-8859-8* clients (notably Outlook).
>
> I'll not file a bug as I don't know how Stan's machine was configured
> but if we see the problem on other machines then a bug will be filed.

Thanks to Dotan, Anne, and others for making the effort to solve the
problem. I completely misunderstood its nature.

As to configuration, if anyone wished to pursue the matter bug-wise,
please tell me what details you need. I will help in any way I can.

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
A2: Because it's The Windows Way.

Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on