[kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Jun 23 21:45:43 BST 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 at 4:38 pm, Jan Neuhäußer penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?"

> Hi Pablo,
>
> [ snipped ]
>
> First you need a script with the following statement:
>
> kmail -s $1 --attach $1

Hi Jan,

Thank you!  I was misreading the help `kmail --help' displayed and you
provided the kick in the head to have me see the light.  :)

In short, I wasn't understanding the `-attach' switch properly.  Now I
get it (thank you!) and I tested how I can do what I need doing.

I'll write down what I'm doing in case someone else needs to do the
same.

Suppose you wish to e-mail the file `teo-lanzo' to someone.  You can
do the following from the CLI:

   kmail --attach "file://`pwd`/teo-lanz"

If you'd like to specify `To', `Subject' or other parameters, see:

   kmail --help

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)