[kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Jun 23 23:40:24 BST 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 at 6:07 pm, Ingo Klöcker penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?"

> On Monday 23 June 2008, Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> > On Monday 23 June 2008 at 5:07 pm, Ingo Klöcker penned
> > about "Re: [kdepim-users] sending a file via cli?"
> >
> > > kmail --attach "<filepath>" --subject "<filename>"
> > >
> > > where <filename> is the name of the file and <filepath> is the full
> > > filepath, e.g. /home/user/filename.bla. Of course, you can omit the
> > > double quotes if <filepath>/<filename> does not contain spaces or
> > > other characters that have a special meaning in the CLI.
> >
> > Hi Ingo,
> >
> > I tried using a regular old filepath but I received an error.  I can
> > only specify the attachment by preceding the file name with
> > `file://' Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.
>
> Did you use an absolute filepath? It surely works for me.

Hi Ingo,

Err, I thought I had but I didn't.  You're correct.

I'm going to fix my script.  :)  I won't repost it unless there's a
demand.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)