[kdepim-users] Upgrade kmail to KDE4 safe?

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Tue Jul 1 10:39:15 BST 2008

Sorry for going off list... using gmail, since kmail is crashing.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 08:07:19 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
>> Olá Anne e a todos.

>> > If you backed up ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc you can just copy it into
>> > the new folder.
>> >
>> > Anne
>>
>> of course I did.
>> I even copied it twice. still nothing.
>> I think I'm going to manually start creating the accounts, and then copy
>> the rest of the info to the new rc
>
> That's very odd.  I just checked and mine lists the properties for 5 accounts.
>
> Anne

Then I'm out of ideas.
I'll have to do it manually.

does anyone have a script that deletes ALL indexs and IDS?
it seems some folders are having trouble with the old ones, so i'm
deleting them all (but with so many accounts and (sub)solders
[maildirs] its becoming time consuming.

did anyone have trouble sending emails that were on draft, before migrating?
mine are crashing KMail. I guess I need to enable debug on them, but
some are private information. and doing new ones might not reproduce
it.

One thing I miss, is that when dragging emails to another folder, I no
longer see the folder under the mouse shaded as I did on KDE3. should
I file a bug? its a regression.

--
BUGabundo :o)
(``-_-´´)