[kdepim-users] Searching for messages with tags

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 21:47:46 BST 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> When a user marks certain messages with tags (say, for example,
> "business") then he can easily find them in a specific folder by
> switching Status to "business". However, how can one search for all
> messages marked as "business" across all folders?

I'm not sure, but I think this tagging functionality was created as a
GSoC project. Adding the possibility to search for message with certain
tags was probably out-of-scope for this GSoC. So if you haven't found
this possibility in the obvious place, the Find Messages dialog, then
it's most likely not there.

For KDE 4.2 (or later) this functionality will most likely be replaced
with a different implementation based on Akonadi and Nepomuk which
would then support such a search (or even a virtual "business" folder)
more or less out of the box.