[kdepim-users] kmail - sender's encoding

Spiros Georgaras sng at hellug.gr
Sat Jul 12 13:03:35 BST 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 12 July 2008 10:31:59 Γιώργος Μιχαλογιωργάκης wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 July 2008 00:18:03 Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= wrote:
> > > I have just compiled the latest development version of kdepim 3.5.x.
> > > AFAICS, the problem does not occur with this version. Where does the
> > > sender's name look up wrong? In the message list? Or in the message
> > > preview?
> >
> > In both places.
>
> I've been watching with interest. I'm using 1.9.9, mostly under Mandriva
> 2008.1.  As you can see here, kmail in its quoting seems somewhat confused
> (or maybe I just don't understand it), but Gorgios' name is correctly
> displayed.  I've attached a small snapshot of the fancy header.
>
> Anne

Hi all

I have just noticed this thread...

The name shows up correctly both in the message list and the message preview,
in KMail 1.9.9, KDE 3.5.9. opensuse 11.0

So I would say the guys at Debian Sid have removed the decoding function
(which would convert "=?utf-8?b?z..." to "Γιώργος Μιχαλογιωργάκης"), or they
have modified it - and thus generated an error, which makes this function
return its input, unmodified

Either way, I believe Debian Sid should be contacted about this one :)

--
Regards
  Spiros

--