[kdepim-users] kdeprintd error

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jul 31 21:44:01 BST 2008

On Thu July 31 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Maybe everybody is busy checking out KDE 4.1. ;-)
it is nice, no question!! I have 4.1 installed on my laptop, with Kubuntu..
for home desktop everyday use, I am still with 3.5.9

> I suppose trying to print from other KDE applications (e.g. Konqueror)
> results in the same error message. If yes, then this is indeed not the
> most appropriate forum for your problem since it is a general problem
> with printing in KDE. There must be something wrong with your wife's
> printer setup. Since I do not have a printer I have no idea where to
> look.
>
> Maybe google can help? Nah. I found several people reporting the same
> problem, but no good answers.
>   http://markmail.org/message/yo6d75hzicw4iy2q
> is most likely not applicable. But the advice to look
> at .xsession-errors is useful. So run
>
>   tail -f ~/.xsession-errors
>
> in Konsole and then try to print a message.

well, even though cups restart didn't help, a reboot did, so it is now
working. It seems to be an issue with the HP R380 printer driver, but I can't
recall the exact error.. Next time it fails, I'll do what you suggest,
thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800