[kdepim-users] New imap server problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:47:24 GMT 2008

On Thursday 24 Jan 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 24 January 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I'm in the midst of setting up a new imap server.  The account is
> > created and an Inbox has appeared for it.  However, the context menu
> > doesn't allow me to create subfolders.  What's gone wrong?
>
> Maybe KMail thinks (resp. is told by the server) that the inbox cannot
> contain other folders. There are some IMAP servers which do not allow
> folders containing messages to have subfolders and vice versa. Can you
> create new folders via the Folder menu?

It was a permissions problem, apparently.  For some reason it was owned
root:root.

There were also some config problems with dovecot, which are now fixed.  The
server appears to be working correctly.  However, something has messed up
gpg.  I'm not sure what or how, but I can't get it working.  Starting kgpg
just keeps one core running at 100% non-stop and it doesn't start.  I've got
rid of old lock files in ~/.gnupg, but after that I'm stuck.  I'll try the
PGP-basics list to see if they have any ideas.

Anne